Noi Bai - HAN (Ha Noi - Capital)
Tan Son Nhat - SGN (Ho Chi Minh City)
Da Nang - DAD (Central Vietnam)
- International Airports: Noi Bai - HAN (Ha Noi - Capital), Tan Son Nhat - SGN (Ho Chi Minh City), Da Nang - DAD (Central Vietnam)
- Domestic Airports: Phu Bai - HUI (Hue City), Cam Ranh - CXR (Nha Trang City), Duong Dong - PQC (Phu Quoc), Pleiku - PXU (Pleiku City), Phu Cat - UIH (Qui Nhon) Lien Khuong - DLI (DaLat City), Buon Me Thuot - BMV, Ca Mau - CAH, Tra Noc (Can Tho City) - VCA, Rach Gia - VKG (Rach Gia Province), Co Ong - VCS (Con Dao) , Dien Bien Phu - DIN, Cat Bi - HPH (Hai Phong City), Na San - SQH (Son La), Dong Tac - TBB (Tuy Hoa City), Vinh - VII (Vinh City), Vung Tau - VTG (Vung Tau City).
- Proposed Airport: Long Thanh International Airport will replaced Tan Son Nhat International Airport as the country's leading international airport. The Master Plan for this new airport was approved in April 2006. The new airport will be built in Long Thanh county, Dong Nai province, about 50 km North-East Ho Chi Minh City and 70 km South-West petroleum city of Vung Tau, by the Highway 51A. The Pre-Feasibility Study for this project is under way. The Long Thanh International Airport will be constructed on an area of 50 km². It will have four runways (4,000 km x 60 m) and is capable to receive all jumbo-jet (A380). The project is scheduled to start in 2007 and will be divided in two stages. Once the Stage 1 is completed, this airport will have 2 parallel runways (4,000 km x 60 m) and a Terminal with the capacity of 20 million passengers per annum. This stage will be finished in 2010. The 2nd stage is planned to be completed in 2015, then this airport will have 3 passenger terminals and a cargo terminal designed to receive 80 to 100 million passengers and 5 million metric tons of cargo per year. The total invested capital of this project is estimated $8 billion. Upon completion of Long Thanh International Airport, Tan Son Nhat Airport will serve domestic passengers only. Long Thanh International Airport is expected to be the leading airport in Indochina Peninsula, and one of the busiest air transportation hubs in the South-East Asian Region.
Airlines: Vietnam Airlines
Arriving Vietnam: The white and yellow duplicate customs form must be kept. It will be used again on your departure.
Noi Bai International Airport, Hanoi, Vietnam
General Information: Even thought Noi Bai is the biggest airport in Northern Vietnam. The airport is small compared to the other two international airports in Vietnam, but it is newer and more modern. The airport is 28 miles (45km) from downtown Hanoi. Approximate travel time is 25-30 minutes. There are direct flights from Bangkok and Hong Kong (1 1/2 hours long) to Hanoi.
Departure Tax: US$14 for adults. $7 for children under 12. Payable in dollars or dong
Transportation: There are meter taxi available at the airport.
Transfer to the city: Airport minibuses and metered taxis are available outside arrivals for transport to the city center. Make sure the meter is on.
Tan Son Nhat International Airport has its origins in the early 1930's when the French Colonial government constructed a small unpaved airport, known as Tan Son Nhat Airfield in the village of Tan Son Nhat. By mid-1956, United States foreign aid built a 7,200-foot runway and the facility became South Vietnam's International Airport. Before 1975, Tan Son Nhat International Airport has been one of the busiest airbases worldwide. On December 9, 2004, United Airlines became the first U.S. airline to fly to Vietnam since Pan Am's last flight during the Fall of Saigon. UA869 (a Boeing 747-400) landed at Ho Chi Minh City, which was a continuation of United Airline's services (San Francisco - Hong Kong). In 2005, this airport served approximately 7 million passengers (of the total 14 million passengers in Viet Nam's airports). Tan Son Nhat International Airport has recently accounted for nearly two thirds of the international arrivals and departures in Vietnam's all airports. Due to the increasing demand (about 15% per annually), this airport has been continuously expanded by the Southern Airports Authority.
The New International Terminal: The invested capital for this Terminal is around $260 million funded by Japan Government Official Development Assistance (ODA). Upon completion at the end of 2006, this four-story Terminal covers 100,000 square meters, with 8 air-bridge and state-of-art equipments have a capacity of 8 to 10 million international passengers per year.
General Information: the airport is about 4 Miles (7 km) from downtown Ho Chi Minh City.
Airport Layout: 1. Area to clear immigration for entry into Viet Nam. 2. Area to get back your checked baggage. 3. Area to clear Customs for passengers' baggage.
Departure Tax: Domestic flight: VCD 15,000 (Approimately. $1), International flight: $7.00 (1 US Dollar is approximately 15,900 VND)
Transportation: Meter taxis and busses are available.
Services in Tan Son Nhat International Airport:
Lost and Found: is located on the ground floor, at the end of Custom clearance area. Should you fail to find your luggage on the conveyer, go straight forward (with Custom counters on your right) to the end of the hall, and report this to the staffs at the TIAGS counter. The staff there will instruct you to fill in a form descriptions of your luggage. You missing luggage will be delivered to your hotel in the next day.
Foreign Exchange: There is only one Foreign Exchange counter in Tan Son Nhat Airport at the exit of International Arrival Terminal, it is placed behind the glass door, on the left after you have cleared Customs procedures.
Other Services: Telephone, Parking, Visitor Information, Medical Services, Cargo, Luggage Storage, and etc. are conveniently available in Tan Son Nhat International Airport.
Da Nang International Airport is located in Da Nang and is an important gateway to access central Vietnam. It has two runways with a length of 3045m and a width of 45m with modern equipment system. There are flights to large and small cities in the country such as Hanoi, Ho Chi Minh City, Haiphong, Nhatrang, Dalat Hue Buon, Me Thuot. In 2000, the estimated number of passengers is 1.5 million and estimate to be 4 million in 2020.
Bangkok (Bangkok International Airport, BKK) (by PB Air)
Moscow (Domodedovo International Airport, DME) (by Thai Airways International codeshare with PB Air via Bangkok)
Singapore (Singapore Changi Airport, SIN) (by SilkAir and by Tiger Airways from Jan 10, 2006)
- and domestic Vietnam
- Pacific Airlines (Hanoi, Ho Chi Minh City)
- PB Air (Bangkok)
- Singapore Airlines
- Tiger Airways (Singapore)
- Vietnam Airlines (Buon Ma Thuot, Hanoi, Ho Chi Minh City, Nha Trang, Pleiku, Qui Nhon)
Copyright, 2006 © Runckel & Associates
Search our Website by Topics