Industrial Park in Suzhou, China
Suzhou was ranked 5th in terms of GDP among China’s major cities. Suzhou is adjacent to Shanghai, the most vibrant city in China. This enabled Suzhou to tap on its neighbor’s seaport facilities and manpower advantages.
Suzhou National Hi-Tech Industry Zone (SND)
- SND Logistics Center = Warehouses + Storage Yards + Customs + Commodity Inspection + Quarantine + Customs Clearance Service + Forwarding
- Customs working hrs: “5 + 2” days (24 hours service upon request)
- Direct Shanghai-SND Green Lane
- First industrial park to use EDI system
- Companies can use Bonded Warehouse or apply for Bonded Materials when import
- Export-processing Zone = duty free equipment + duty free materials + VAT refund on local purchased materials and energy
- Customs Bonded logistic Center: Trading/sourcing (2005.8.1)
pre-made factory in SND
Power：SND has 15 substations with total capacity of 750,000 KVA
Water：Total capacity: 300,000 tons per day，outlet pressure: 2Kg.
consumption rate:RMB1.6/m3 for Industrial use.
Sewage & Drainage：Rain water and sewage are discharged separately. 5 waste water treatment plants in SND with a daily capacity of 200,000 tons. All waste water discharge into pipelines shall meet Grade III National Standards for industrial wastes.
Gas：Natural gas with heat value:8500KCal/m3 ，the outlet pressure is 0.15Mpa. Special industrial gas supplied by BOC.
Telecommunication：High speed Internet connection services including wide band multimedia virtual small PBX, ISDN, DDN, T1 and T3, ADSL.Large companies in SND (resource: Suzhou National New & Hi-Tech)
- US-based: Dupont, Mobil, Pharmacia, Eli Lilly, Warner-Lambert, Eaton, Black&Decker, Baxter, AHP, TRW, FMC, PPG,Nabisco, Chevron, Harris Corp., Xerox, Dow Chemical, Texaco, Nike, Emerson Electric, Honeywell, AMP, P&G, Solectron,ADM, Delphi, Motorola R&D, Pfizer, PPG Coating, Timken, Crown, Intier-Llink, Samina-SC, Hercules, Solutia, Heico, Weir, SPX, Pentair, Superior Essex, Sloan Valve, Applied Film
- Japan-based: Mitsubishi, Mitsui, Sanyo, Marubeni,Nissho Iwai, Itochu, Fuji photo Flim, Shimizu , Panasonic,Toyota , Sumitomo, Sony, Sharp, Hitachi , Nissinfoods,Tomen, Nichimen, Kanematsu, Fujitsu, Seiko, Kubota,Asahi-kasei, DIC, Suntory, Canon, Daikin, Nippon Express, NEC, Nippon Oil, Sekisui, Nippon Steel
- France-based: Alcatel, Airliquide, Alston, Elf,L'Oreal, Rhone-Poulenc, Total, Auchan, Sodexho,Carrefour, Danone
- Britain-based: BP Amoco, Glaxo Smithkline, Unilever,BOC, Kingfisher
- South-Korea-based: Daewoo, Samsung, Posco, SK Group
- Germany-based: Siemens, Hoechst, Bosch, ZF Group
- Netherlands-based: Philips, Shell, Akzo Nobel
- Swiss-based: Novartis, Schindler
- Finland-based: Nokia, Stora-Enso, UPM-Kymmene Group
- Norway-based (1) Norsk Hydro
- H.K.SAR-based (1) JardinesSuzhou Industrial Park (SIP)
Suzhou Industrial Park (SIP) is a cooperative project of priority between Chinese and Singaporean governments. In 2003 alone, the investment in fixed assets in SIP exceeded 20.2 billion yuan, an increase of 94% over the previous year. SIP is targeting at, by the year 2005, a GDP of 70 billion yuan, financial revenue of 10 billion yuan, import and export of 20 billion USD, rural per capita income of 12,000 yuan RMB and urban per capita income of 30,000 yuan.
Copyright, 2005 © Runckel & Associates
Search our Website by Topics